THE EENADU CO-OPERATIVE URBAN BANK LTD
What type of Information?
Information can be broadly categorised as publicly available information and non- public (both personal and financial) information.
To whom it applies?
It applies to all our customers, account holders, consumers, clients, service providers, contractors, sub-contractors, affiliates and their clients.
What is personal information or Personally Identifiable Information?
Personal information includes any information or opinion, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information. The information or opinion will still be personal information whether it is true or not and regardless of whether we have kept a record of it.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
When you apply for our products or services, we collect information that is necessary to be able to properly identify you, to know your requirements, expectations, and instructions in order to provide you with those products or services. For instance, we may ask for identification information such as your name, address, date of birth, details of services etc.
Each time you visit our website, we collect information about your use of the website, which may include the date and time of visits, pages visited, location information, device used and IP addresses etc.
We, including our service providers, may monitor, record electronically, and retain telephone conversations and electronic communications between you (including anyone acting on your behalf) and us.
We have electronic surveillance systems like closed circuit TV and video recording of certain sensitive locations where your images may be captured.
Other Online Information We Collect and Use
We may collect and use other information, such as:
Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on the device/browser you are using when you visit our website. We may read cookies to collect information such as browser type, date and time spent on our website, and pages visited. Information collected through cookies may be used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize and enrich your experience, to recognize your device, gather statistical information about the usage of the website, to monitor responses to our advertisements and to assist us with resolving website questions.
The cookies in your computer cannot read your hard drive, obtain any information from your browser or command your computer to perform any action. They are designed so that they cannot be sent to another site, or be retrieved by any non-Eenadu Bank web server.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically and dynamically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or it is statically obtained by you. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP Addresses for keeping activity logs and having forensic capabilities if required for investigation purposes.
Details of device used for online banking: For secure online banking we provide you the facility of multifactor authentication. One of the factors can be the endpoint devices used by you to do the banking. For security reasons, we obtain the endpoint details to bind it to your account so that this endpoint device acts as a second factor.
Private Security Keys: For security reasons we may use PKI based authentication / digital certificate technologies. We may place a private key on your PC or mobile device to help us identify you or the device as belonging to you.
Biometrics: We may use some customer biometric information with the use of your fingerprint, facial, or eye biometric information or behavioural biometric like how you use keyboard, mouse or move your finger on the screen etc.
We never ask for the information like passwords, PIN (Personal identification No.), OTP (One time passwords), card numbers, CVV / CVC and expiry date from anyone. We advise all not to share this with anyone including Bank officials nor keep it in any readable form. We advise you not to disclose the information about date of birth, Aadhaar No, driving license number, PAN, passport no, account number and balance, address to anyone without a valid reason and reasonable assurance that the information would not be misused.
Eenadu Bank mobile banking applications allow you access to your account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and make deposits on your mobile device. This Policy applies to any personal or other information that we may collect through the mobile applications.
Where from and how We Collect Information about You?
- To help us serve your financial needs, provide services, and offer new products and services to you, we collect personally identifiable information about you from:
- Information you disclose when you visit our branch/office or our website;
- Information you disclose on phone or direct conversation or through email;
- Information we receive from you on online applications, forms, and instructions;
- Information we receive from you from the written documents submitted to us;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others;
- Other organisations, who jointly with us, provide products or services to you;
- Information we receive from Govt. organisations like UIDAI etc.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
- Publicly available sources of information, such as public registers;
- Your representatives (including your legal adviser, mortgage broker, financial adviser, executor, administrator, guardian, trustee, solicitor or attorney);
- Your employer;
- Commercial information service providers, such as companies that provide fraud prevention reports, credit scores, land records etc;
We won’t ask you to supply personal information publicly over Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform or any public site in internet.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
- The purposes are:
- to evaluate your eligibility for accounts, loans, and other products and services for which you apply;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests;
- to administer, manage and service your accounts, products, and services;
- to send you marketing communications on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, and/or to prequalify you for such products and services;
- to personalize your experience on our website by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity in order to allow you online access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and personal information;
- to facilitate your transactions;
- to send you important information about your account(s), products and services;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation, other legal process, and law enforcement requirements; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new and improving our existing products and services, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
How do we hold personal information?
Much of the personal information we hold are stored electronically in our data center or with our trusted partners. These data centres are located in India. Also personal information is stored in paper forms. We use a wide range of security measures, to protect the personal information we hold.
Protecting Your Information, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Security P
We protect information we collect about you by maintaining physical, logical, administrative, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards restrict access to your confidential information to only authorized personnel with specific need to access and utilize your information. We train our employees on how to handle your information to maintain confidentiality and privacy. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with law and industry level best practices. These measures include computer and system safeguards, strong access controls, network and application controls, security policies, processes, trained personnel and secured repositories and buildings etc. We regularly monitor and review our compliance with internal policies, regulatory guidelines and industry best practice. We educate our employees to protect the information. The same policy applies to our trusted partners through contracts and agreements.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information after which it can no longer be used.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why? Categories of Third- Parties with Whom Eenadu Bank May Share Information
Eenadu bank shares personal information with third-parties only as permitted and required by law, as per Bank’s approved guidelines and your consent in connection with the administration, processing, and servicing of account and account-related transactions, in order to perform services for you and on your behalf, for example, credit reporting agencies, bill payment processors, credit, debit and ATM card processing networks, data processing companies, insurers, marketing and other companies in order to offer and/or provide financial products and services to you, and in response to legal or regulatory requirement, court order and/or other legal process or investigation.
For all third-party outsourcing of services the information is shared and used as per the service level agreement and non-disclosure agreement.
To be more specific the information may be shared with the following:
- our agents, contractors, valuers, solicitors and external service providers;
- authorised representatives and agents who sell products and services on our behalf;
- insurers, re-insurers and health care providers;
- payment systems operators (for example, merchants receiving card payments);
- other organisations, who jointly with us, provide products or services to you;
- other financial services organisations, including banks, mutual funds, stockbrokers, custodians, funds managers and portfolio service providers;
- debt collectors;
- our financial advisers, legal advisers or auditors;
- your representatives (including your legal heirs, legal adviser, accountant, mortgage broker, financial adviser, executor, administrator, guardian, trustee, or attorney);
- fraud bureaus or other organisations to identify, investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct;
- agencies providing credit scores;
- agencies for verification of land records etc.;
- external dispute resolution schemes;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction;
- we are required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so;
- your express instructions or consent to the disclosure with specific entities;
- any act or regulation which force us to disclose the information to any specified entity; law enforcement and judicial entities;
- for international transactions, such as currency exchanges, we may need to disclose your information to the corresponding international party in order to process the transaction. The countries we disclose your information to will depend on the details of the transaction you ask us to carry out.
Change / Correction / Modification of your information.
Keeping your Bank account information up to date is very important. If your account information is inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, you should update it immediately by contacting us. You can ask us at any time to change the personal information with reasonable proof to justify the change.
A fee may be charged for the change or it can be free as per the Banks rules at the time of the change.
There may be circumstances in which we may not be able to give you access to your personal information or make changes/corrections due to restraint orders by regulators, judicial bodies, law-enforcement bodies or orders from the Government.
Advertising and Marketing
We use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be directly offered by the Bank or an outsourced service provider for the Bank. The products and services may be offered by various means, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means , such as through social media or targeted advertising etc.
If you prefer that Eenadu Bank not send you advertisements and other marketing information you can opt-out by calling our help desk number or opting out of the campaign by replying to the email.
Links to Other Websites
Thus if you follow links to websites not controlled by the Bank, you take the responsibility of reviewing their privacy policies and other terms and provide your information, as they may be different from our website and Eenadu Bank will not be liable for any disclosure of information resulting from such activity.
Resolving Your concerns about your information
If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us. We will handle your complaints in a time bound manner. You may also inform the Bank ombudsman or any other authorities.
Opting out of Information Sharing
You (a consumer, customer, account holder etc.) cannot opt out of all information sharing in all cases.
You cannot opt out of information sharing with others where it is required to service you and your interest, market bank’s service and products, market services and products of affiliated companies, protect against fraud, protect national interest, against judicial, law enforcement orders and Govt. orders and such processes etc.
Bank can stop sharing of your information with anyone to comply with orders of competent authorities, to protect its interest or the interest of its affiliate companies.
If your Bank account relationship is terminated we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law. We will irretrievably destroy the information after the limitation period as mandated by law or court order.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The same policy applies to minor account holders.
Updates to this Policy
Sharing and distribution of the Policy
This policy is available to all customers in printed form on demand. It is published on the Bank’s website www.eenadubankltd.com
The Board of the bank has approval for this policy. Any changes to this effective only after approval of the Board.
You might have provided the same non-public information to other entities without the knowledge or permission of Eenadu Bank. Eenadu Bank will not be held liable for disclosure or sharing of such information from these sources.
If you have any questions regarding this kindly contact Eenadu Bank.